Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
Software Engineer #1067
We are in search of a talented, result oriented, innovative Software Engineer to build, design, develop, and modify website solutions and services. In addition to building solutions that can hold up to the scale & growth of the business, you will work collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission critical projects with a direct impact on the evolution of the business.
Experience and Education:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- MySQL, Postgres
- Developing services such as REST, SOAP and API services.
- Lumen, Wordpress, Node.js
- Developing custom Wordpress themes and plugins.
- Experience with testing
- Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation, Consumer Driven Contract Testing
- Agile Engineering Practices
- Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Refactoring
- Expert knowledge of OOP principles and practices as well as Design Patterns, SOLID principles
- Experience with various tools
- Knowledge and experience with third party libraries, frameworks, and technologies is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team and clients to understand business requirements
- Ability to function as part of a team and exchange thoughts, ideas, knowledge and experience with other team members to boost efficiency and quality of the solution
- Ability to adapt as a result of changes in requirements for a continuous improvement of a software
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead engineering initiatives by collaborating with other developers and product owners to solve technical issues
- Champion new technologies within the organization by researching and choosing the best tools for the job
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes, tests and implements software.
- Take ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Building a scalable, robust and reliable infrastructure to support our website and services.
- Collaborate with product owner, scrum master, and other developers to deliver a quality product.
- Develop innovation strategies, processes and best practices
- Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Troubleshoot business and production issues
- Own the technical testing and performance plans for projects
- Utilize industry research to improve the client’s technology environment
- Be willing and ready to take one or more roles in a team
- Mentors others instead of coding in a black box
Job Type: Direct Hire
Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1067
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- About Ranger
- Contact Us