Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
ABAP Programmer #918
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with client facing engagements
- Prior programming experience
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Detailed understanding of all ABAP/4 programming areas of SAP, including dialog programming, interface design (BAPI, BDC, Call Transaction, Direct Input), Function Module developments, Screen/Menu Painter, ALV, SAPScript/SmartForm design, Data Dictionary design, expertise in ABAP debug and SQL tracing tools, development and use of user exits, IDOC administration and knowledge of R/3 application ALE/IDOC integration
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, testing concepts ,test planning, coordination and execution
- Experience developing in all key modules of SAP such as SD, PP, MM, WM, FICO, PLM, PS as well as ASAP methodology, SCAT, LSMW SmartForm, Adobe forms, and SAP Script.
- Knowledge of SAP and ABAP or one or more of the following languages: JAVA, C# and the .Net development framework and Relational Database Management Systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in technical and non-technical terms, at all levels, both within and outside the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong customer service skills which includes an in-depth understanding of customer business processes and needs
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn best practices , current and emerging technologies
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Meet routine ABAP development requirements as well as effectively addressing unique requirements as they arise.
- Translate user requirements, specification documents and system objectives into logical, economical and practical technical designs. Design complex ABAP programs to meet the requirements for forms, reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements.
- Provide consultation to configurators, end users and management on designs of custom solutions, as well as provide technical advice on the behavior of standard SAP functionality through debugging, research and prototyping.
- Conducts complex troubleshooting and diagnosis on Production break/fix and system performance issues, and involve configurators, end users and the Basis team as necessary.
- Support and maintain mission-critical ABAP programs developed by internal staff and project consultants. Optimize runtime and database expense for all objects.
- Support and perform data migration activities as needed to support implementations and other data update requirements.
- Participate on projects and assignments as needed.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Direct Hire Perm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 3+ years
Job Reference #: 918
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- About Ranger
- Contact Us